Thursday, November 22, 2007

Question 2

Tita, being the chef of her household, is responsible to feed Rosaura's newborn baby. Nothing works, but Tita soon finds that she has milk and feeds the baby with her milk without telling anyone.

Mama Elena soon sends Pedro, Rosaura, and the baby to San Antonio, for she fears the relationship between Tita and Pedro is growing. After a few days in San Antonio the baby dies. Tita goes crazy and distresses over what she thinks is her fault.



If this happened to you would you feel that it was your fault the baby died? Why or why not?

2 comments:

Yasanni M said...

I am not sure what I would feel. I may feel partially responsible and may feel like she were not my baby and not my responsibility.

I would feel as though it is my fault because I was taking on the responsibility of feeding it without telling anyone whereas if I had told someone that I was or the mother couldn't then someone could help and find a resolution to the problem.

SamanthaC. said...

No I would feel like it was Mama Elena's fault for sending them away. I would feel that the only thing that I could be blamed for is not telling anyone that I was the only one who can feed the baby.